Monday, February 4, 2008

Austyn's Baby Blessing

We woke up Sunday morning to the worst snow storm I had ever seen before. We had snow that measured in feet instead of inches. At about 9:00 David started shoveling the snow to try to make a path for the people to get into the house that were coming for the blessing. Then at about 11:00 we got a phone call saying that church was cancelled due to the amount of snow we were getting. I started to panic because everyone was going to be at our house at 1:00 for the blessing. Thankfully a member of the bishopbric came over to the house and the blessing was performed there. It ended up being a great experience. David and I are very proud parents. Here are a few pictures.



Right in front of our door




Isn't she cute!

6 comments:

the blogivers said...

Love the new blog format and LOVED getting to see the cute Cook family at Austyn's baby blessing! :)

Michelle said...

Wow! What a pretty little girl you have! I'm so happy for you guys. Your family looks great :)

Gina and Jon said...

Wow, I didn't realise it was that deep of snow Dave was shoveling, we should have made Jon help. The baby blessing was perfect just like baby Austyn. I loved that it was at your house! Also thanks for letting us have a sleep over!

DMom said...

What a wonderful day! Thank you for letting us be a part of it. It was worth hazarding the weather to come up. I am Austyn hungry already.

Camari said...

I love Austyn's dress, it's beautiful. She is getting so big, I can't believe it. I wish I hadn't missed the blessing. It sounds like it all worked out though and to tell you quite truthfully, I would have much rather had the blessing in my own home instead. It makes it more personal and special. Congratulations!!

Alisa Ann said...

Austyn is so beautiful in her blessing dress. I agree with Cami. A blessing at home seems so much more personal and special. You, David and Austyn make a lovely little family.